Monday 22 November 2010

Why I'm thankful for blogs

I left the following comment on a lovely blog I recently discovered, and I post it here because it sums up pretty well one of the reasons why I am so grateful for blogs. Monday gratitude post coming up later ...
“I’ll come back and they will be safe, well fed, and extremely dirty.”

I absolutely loved that comment. I loved the sweet honesty of it. I loved the refusal to feign perfection.

One of the things I love about you (and I don’t even know you!) is you don’t pretend to have it all together. Instead you blog lovingly about the chaos; about the God in the middle of the chaos; the love and commitment in the middle of the chaos; the joy in the middle of the chaos.

When I think about my life stretched before me – my life as a wife and mother if He permits it – I sometimes get scared. I lie there long in the dark, softly wondering “How?”

And then I read blogs like this. Blogs not about Stepford Wives but about sweet, young mamas who try their best and drink in the rain of His grace. And I breathe out. And understand that I don’t have to have it all figured out. I just need to trust Him and commit myself wholly to my family. The rest will figure itself out.

My humble blog would love to have you over for tea and cake sometime if you’d like.

Wishing you a beautiful day full of sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment