Tuesday 2 November 2010

Handmade air mail

I made my first Etsy purchase ten days ago and today I received a package in the mail ... all the way from Taiwan. It's a beautiful made-to-measure case for my Blackberry and I love it.

Being new to the crafting world, it still amazes me how much joy handmade products bring. Having seen my case, maybe it's not so surprising.

I got to choose the fabric, the cut and the button placement. And such love and care went into the finished product, from the contrasting lining to the little thank-you card enclosed. It was worth waiting for, especially as - even with shipping - it cost the same as a regular case from my local mobile phone shop. The perfect surprise at the end of a long day.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks - the seller is "House of Jam" if you're tempted! Nice to meet you by the way. Hope you'll enjoy it here :)

    ReplyDelete