Tuesday 12 October 2010

Do something

If you'd told me even two years ago that I would run a 5K non-stop, learn to ride a bicycle, grow my own vegetables from seed and hand-sew a baby quilt, I would have thought you crazy.

Unfortunately, these instances of simple, productive joy are few. I spend far too much time daydreaming, window-shopping, media-surfing and worrying; time that could be better used.

This blog is intended to be a simple record of my determination to do something - not for the sake of doing it, not for admiration, but to ensure that I am making the best use of my time with activities that glorify God and show love to those around me. I'm clarifying this from the start because my faith is central to who I am.

One final thing to add is that this blog is intended to be a record of my doings, not a life-story that I want to share with the world. The only reason I'm leaving it public is a) I realise that I keep my blogs private for the wrong reasons - because I'm afraid people will laugh or because I'm embarrassed about my writing style and b) Who knows, it may encourage somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment