Thursday 16 December 2010

ChrisTime 2010: Day Two


Healer. Helper.

Sometimes life feels too difficult to bear.

But often? I bring it on myself.

Carry burdens that were never meant for me. Burdens I should have left at the Cross a long time ago.

The emotional burdens hurt the most. They weight heavy on my heart as I fear and fret, wondering how I'm going to deal with things.

As if I could. As if I know the way forward. Who do I think I am?

See, my intentions are sincere. My soul aches for the ones I love and I long to help. Long to make things better.

But no matter how I dress it up, it's pride. It's me saying I can do what Jesus alone can.

I can pray and encourage. But the rest? Is out of my hands.

Jesus is the true Healer. The true helper. He reveals God to us, brings restoration, helps us stay on the narrow path.

He alone made a way.

Sometimes I long to shake my loved ones and cry, "Don't you see? Don't you understand?"

But in many cases they don't.

And only Jesus can bring revelation.

No amount of crying and nagging and wringing my hands will work. It will rob me of my peace and alienate the very ones I'm trying to help.

I cannot heal.

But He can.

I cannot help beyond prayer and encouragement.

But He can.
Jesus is my Healer. My Helper. I can depend on Him. I am remembering this this Christmas time.

3 comments:

  1. lovely as always sweet girl! keep them coming. and keep seeking him:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - and THIS is what I needed to read. Right now. Thank you, my dear....

    ReplyDelete