Thursday 23 December 2010

ChrisTime 2010: Day Seven


Inspiration
Just 30-odd years spent here on Earth.

He who comforted the brokenhearted. Healed the sick in body and soul. Spoke wisdom into the lives of so many. Loved His Father's creations in spite of the ugly lurking in their hearts - in our hearts - spilling over into harsh words and cruel acts.

Accepted His lot, resigned to His Father's will. Made time for what was important; for prayer, for serving, for fellowship.

Gave His life for us.

Fully God. And fully man. The spotless Lamb who experienced every emotion, every trial that we will ever go through. Literally felt our pain, shared in our suffering.

I am 26 years old. He lived, maybe, seven years longer? 

Jesus is my inspiration. And so He should be.

But am I living like it? One definition of inspiration is the act of influencing - the power or capacity of causing an effect.

Am I effected by Jesus's life? Not just moved, affected, but actually effected; spurred to action, to do likewise.

Do I love wholly and without fear? Giving of myself until I am spent? Am I caring for my neighbour as I would for myself?

Am I making time for what really matters? Living with purpose and intent? This is something that requires careful prayer and thought, lest I waste my Earth-time merely indulging in frivolities and trifles.

Jesus is my inspiration. I am remembering this - and praying to be effected by it - this Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment