Saturday 18 December 2010

ChrisTime 2010: Day Four


Intercessor.

I remember being utterly humbled when I learned that Jesus prays for us. He is, for want of a better word, our go-between. He speaks to God on our behalf - and He alone is able to do so.

The thought that Jesus is in heaven interceding for me, pleading for me, petitioning for me? Is such a great comfort, especially during those times when all I can do is put one foot in front of the other and cry help.

It still fills me with awe. That Jesus personally brings my prayers before God.

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:12
"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." Hebrews 7:25
Jesus is my Intercessor. I am reflecting on this this Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment