Saturday 8 January 2011

Teeny-tiny update til the fingers give in and make prose

So, it's 2011.

This year is the year of obedience. The year of actively putting His word and His ways above all else. Of growing. Doing the things I know I should do. (In fact I've known for years - how easy to talk the talk). I am wearing my vow around my neck, to remind me when times are tough.


The snow has disappeared. But the cold persists and I am defying it with floral sunshine. (To my girlfriends, who say roses are cliched and yellow is too "friendship"? Pah.)


And the January sales got the better of me. Not clothes. Not accessories. But yarn. Lots of yarn. 


Today called for scones and solitude to plan my memory scriptures for the next two months. Because I can't obey the Word unless I know the Word. So I headed to the Stoke Newington Tea Rooms.


Their raspberry jam? Is amazing. I got me a pot to take home and slather on toast and ... just about anything, really.

And lest you think clothes don't tempt me.

On the way home I passed one of many cute stores. And got this for a tenner. It's made from recycled fabric. It has buttons. It makes me happy. You'll forgive the rubbishy I'll-just-sling-this-on-the-bed-and-click picture, yes? ;)


I will write again when the flu leaves me and the system settles back into work. Rest well, friends.

7 comments:

  1. Yellow Roses are glorious. I think of gold and sunshine and everything rich and beautiful and light when I see them.

    And yarn? I have a box full myself. But yours is so pretty and so very soft looking! What are you going to create with it this time? :)

    I'm working on memory too...memory and more soaking up the WORD so that life doesn't drown out the really important things.

    Hugs to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So that life doesn't drown out the really important things". It's so true. That's why I went with one word for my resolution. There's a list of things I'd like to achieve. But they pale in comparison to knowing Him.

    As for the yarn ... hmm. At the moment I'm making another scarf with some wintery blue-grey yarn I got over the holidays. But I might try a hat next. I'm quite the newbie so I've got me some ways to go :)

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your resolution :-) Alot.
    Hope you are enjoying your yellow roses. I used to grow them "Back Home" and I miss them TREMENDOUSLY. Someday they shall once again grace my life with their friendy cliches
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you and your posts. They always make me smile.

    Hope you are feeling better! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute little skirt:) sounds like a lovely day for you. i love that you plan our your scripture memory :) smart lady you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this post so much - it made me smile in a happy way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go live with you for a month. Just think of the adventures we'd have...

    {I love curling up with coffee and catching up here. It's like a happy postcard.}

    ReplyDelete