Friday 24 December 2010

Ready for the holidays ...

I stocked up on holiday supplies after work: Lush loveliness; beautiful wintery yarn for a new chunky scarf;
strawberry toffees from my favourite sweetshop; the latest issue of oh comely ... 
 and came home to the surprise early arrival of my Cakies cameo hairclip

Today is the first day of my Christmas holiday.

Last night I stocked up on supplies, some of which are already gone. Ahem.

And we decorated the tree.

It's a little late, I know, but it's so much more enjoyable when you know you don't have to get up for work in the morning. I'll upload better pictures when my beloved brings his fancy camera round. But, for now, presenting Tabitha (yes, I name my trees. Last year it was Tina):



Meet Albert and Winifred. I got these Dala Folk Horse decorations this year to
add a bit of craft-y, folksy charm





After talking and relaxing by the fire, my father went to work, my mother went to bed, my beloved went home. And I?

'Candy Cane' bubble bar slice
Sat in a warm tub of pink, marshmallow-scented bubbles, with those strawberry toffees and a bar of red Lindt Lindor too. Because that's what you do when the working year is over and you don't have to get up early and resolutions to eat healthily can wait. I actually fell asleep in there ... and later scoffed the remainder of the treats in my fluffy red robe.

Now I'm off to eat breakfast for the first time in months, lather my hair in coconut and vanilla, and attempt some final bits of shopping. On Christmas Eve.

I'm ready for the holidays, yes siree.

1 comment:

  1. How delightful! I hope you had a lovely Christmas ... :)

    ReplyDelete